Looking for a yummy, low carb, option for the grill this summer? Throw these bad boys on! Cut a slit in the jalapenos, clean out the seeds (or not), fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon, and stick with a toothpick. I wear rubber gloves when cleaning out the seeds. Grill until bacon is done. I can never make enough of these. Enjoy, and hand it down!
Week Two Update
Week two went very much like week one, but I didn’t take a Freebee Friday. Carbs average was 75 g for the week and calories average was 1458. Remember, I am not counting calories, but feel they are staying pretty low because I’m not “dieting” and I don’t feel hungry.
What I did right:
- I added the milk thistle and apple cider vinegar
- Worked out 4 times 30 minutes each time. I did a combination of tread mill, weights and some crazy free dancing!
- Lost another 1.5 lbs! (without suffering)
What I learned:
- I love butter, but found ghee is better for me. So I started using that for the first time.
- Almond flour makes great baked goods. (will be posting some recipes)
- You don’t need crust to enjoy pizza, just stack the ingredients like a lasagna and bake. All the yummy flavor is there.
- I drank wine. Enough said, really.
- Going to keep it the same and will update again on this page. I hope you will join me and have picked up a couple of books from the Good Reads section at the bottom of the page. They will change the way you think, if you are a carb-o-holic and change your body too. Stay tuned!
Yeah, I know. You cut out all the white carbs and are starving! What do I eat now? If you love snacking or are not sure what to serve at a party that you can eat, here is my go to appetizer. The deli meats are uncured. There is a variety of peppers, pickles, sharp cheddar, and some olives are hiding there too. Practically zero carbs and oh so yummy.
Our groceries is the best free app to share grocery lists with others. I have 5 lists that I share with my husband on our smart phones:
- Groceries for home
- Groceries for shack (beach house)
- Trader Joe’s
- Never Pass a Bar (liquor store stuff)
I hope to add Sprouts Farmer’s Market soon as a couple are being built in my area. Psyched!! We both add to the lists as we run out of items and when we go by that particular store the list is already made and available to whoever is there. Also cool: as one of us checks of items they are checked off the other person’s list immediately. So when we shop together we know exactly when one of us has snagged an item. We can get through a super big grocery store in 15 minutes when shopping together. Once I stopped at the store, pulled out the list to look and all the items disappeared from my list. Right in front of my eyes. Hubby had already been there. Sweet!