This is a recipe that I developed that can be made with The Hand Me Down Pantry. Let it flow and experiment. If you like different veggies, grilled chicken, or meat-free. Go for it!
This dish goes together very quick so cut all your veggies and get your shrimp ready before beginning.
Put a pinch of kosher salt and some crushed red pepper, if you like, on your shrimp before putting in the pan
The finished product
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
These ingredients are all from the Hand Me Down Pantry
- 2 T. olive oil
- 4 T. butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 c. green onions
- 1 c. mushrooms sliced (I like button or baby bellas)
- 1 c. fresh cut broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 lb shrimp (or grilled chicken or no meat at all)
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- Remember this dish goes together very quickly so it is best to get all the ingredients ready and have them on a plate ready to dump in. Get spaghetti cooking in some salted water before you start putting the sauce together.
- Begin by heating the olive oil. Add the garlic and onions. Sprinkle some kosher salt on this as it cooks. Just a couple of pinches. Cook 2-3 minutes. As they begin to sweat add each of the next 3 ingredients one at a time every few minutes. Then add the shrimp. As the shrimp gets done and turn pink, push all the ingredients out of the middle of the pan. You want to make a home in the middle of the pan to add your cream and cheese.
- Pour in 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan. As the cheese melts, stir it around with the rest of the ingredients. How much cream and cheese I add depends on how thick I want the sauce. You can add more cheese or cream depending on how it is cooking and how you like it. Sometimes I use low fat milk, sometimes heavy cream, sometimes half and half. It depends on if I can afford the calories. Serve over hot spaghetti with some olive oil stirred in.
- You can add other ingredients to this dish. Sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts are great additions. Whatever sounds good to you. Click here to print or share