This smoothie is a great way to start your day. It is packed with nutrition and will keep you going all morning. You can get all the metabolism boosting, belly fat busting, rehydrating good stuff, in one yummy drink.
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut water
- 2-3 T whole leaf aloe vera juice
- 1-2 T chia seeds
- 1-2 T ground flax seeds
- 3-4 frozen strawberries (or any berry you like). Add a little ice if not frozen.
Put all the ingredients in a blender. I just eyeball the ingredients, dump and go. I use a very small blender, like a Bullet, instead of getting out the great big one. It is easy to use and clean quickly.
- Around 129 calories with 4 g protein, 12.7 g carbs, and 7.4 g fat depending on how you dump
Why this is so great:
- Almond milk is high in calcium and lower in calories than cow’s milk
- Coconut water is 10 times more rehydrating than water and contains potassium
- Aloe vera juice boosts metabolism, helps eliminate bloat, and helps with detoxification
- Chia seeds are high in fiber, have 50% more calcium than milk, same omega 3 as salmon, and more antioxidants than blueberries!
- Ground flax seed helps decrease belly fat
- Strawberries and other berries are low in carbs
You can print the recipe here.